To approach or not to approach

To approach or not to approach
I’ve been in the situation more than once where hubby and I are sitting in an open minded club having a drink or two and we are messaged later that they saw us but did not want to approach. This past weekend I was out with my sub and hubby with his. Hubby chatted before hand with a couple and me with a single guy on here. All showed up to the club and none approached. After both the couple and the single guy said they did not approach because we were with other people.

For me, the time to chat with someone is there at the bar area. If you can’t approach and say hello there you have zero chance to just maybe jump in later. I’m always open when in a club at a bar to strike up a conversation.

What about you?
*****d79 Couple
540 Posts
We have had similar experiencea. We never make a Date when we go to a club, bit if someone writes to us (nicely) and we are interested, then we tell them we are at the Bar and happy to have a chat and a drink.
It is amazing how many cant pluck up the courage and say hello. Mostly we wait awhile and see how long it takes them, or we go over and say hello.
We have even got mails afterwards, saying that they saw us!!!!!!
*******ance Man
2 Posts
In that Forum one should approach. There is no need to be shy. Unless the person lost interest. Alcohol is the wing man *lol*. Definitely approach smile 😊
****o55 Man
586 Posts
Ich würde mich nähern und Hallo sagen und dann anfangen, die sexy Beine der Frau mit meinen Händen zu spüren
*********sure Man
2 Posts
Most definitely the best time to approach !!
*g* it’s so sad that they can not even say hello.
Quote from *****d79:
We have had similar experiencea. We never make a Date when we go to a club, bit if someone writes to us (nicely) and we are interested, then we tell them we are at the Bar and happy to have a chat and a drink.
It is amazing how many cant pluck up the courage and say hello. Mostly we wait awhile and see how long it takes them, or we go over and say hello.
We have even got mails afterwards, saying that they saw us!!!!!!

*******003 Couple
28 Posts
​Maybe (just maybe) we all wait to be approached​ instead of taking the initiative and do it ourselves.
Any relationship goes in both directions. I'm saying this from our experience where we tend to wait too long, and then we see that many opportunities have flown away. Too bad, because they never come back!
I think Most people have forgotten how to interact nicely. If it is about Sex they can play their game without a word, but having an interesting conversation without a keyboard is difficult for some I might think.

I for my side love to get to know new people, best thing to have a chat at the bar and maybe meet again to get to know the others better. But sometimes it is just not the right time or the right evening.

Love
Fairy
****o55 Man
586 Posts
Start with a nice greeting and slowly see if the couple or woman likes than small touch on her body feel her softly make her horny
*******ple Couple
445 Posts
Very good discussion here, following...
*********osaur Man
302 Posts
@*******003 "Maybe (just maybe) we all wait to be approached​ instead of taking the initiative and do it ourselves."

Strong agree!

It makes no sense to complain about one party not having the courage to approach ... because obviously neither did the other party.

Which is fine - all social interaction is a mixture of taking some gambles and not taking others. But it's something that unites us, not divides us.

Insofar as there are asymmetries - e.g. you're there with a partner/friends, they're there on their own - I wonder why the person with less to lose/more reason to feel confident doesn't make the first move.
I like this conversation and I am following.

one could also ask when and how best to initiate this first conversation when you see someone you like .
Quote from ****o55:
Start with a nice greeting and slowly see if the couple or woman likes than small touch on her body feel her softly make her horny
no offense but if you touch me and we have not had a conversation it is a turn off completely. I HATE when some random guy comes up and touches my arm especially if I am engaging in a sexual activity with someone else.
Quote from *******r88:
I like this conversation and I am following.

one could also ask when and how best to initiate this first conversation when you see someone you like .
walk up and introduce yourself. Offer a genuine compliment

Hi. Thanks for reading my post. I really appreciate your answer and feedback. *g*
Quote from *********osaur:
@*******003 "Maybe (just maybe) we all wait to be approached​ instead of taking the initiative and do it ourselves."

Strong agree!

It makes no sense to complain about one party not having the courage to approach ... because obviously neither did the other party.

Which is fine - all social interaction is a mixture of taking some gambles and not taking others. But it's something that unites us, not divides us.

Insofar as there are asymmetries - e.g. you're there with a partner/friends, they're there on their own - I wonder why the person with less to lose/more reason to feel confident doesn't make the first move.
agree. I have no problem approaching. I was not sure if the guy at the bar sitting between 6 other guys was the one I was chatting with so I did not approach. The couple that was chatting with hubby were not even on my radar.
*****d79 Couple
540 Posts
Making contact in a Club is admittedly an "Art". You are in a Club and we all know why, at the same time, you wish to make contact and see if the person/persons are a match and the Chemistry works.
We have met people in a Club and the chemistry just hasnt worked, although they look good, sometimes "disengaging" is tricky.
We have different ways of coming into contact, but probably the favourite, is that Mrs Meland disappears to the toilet and I just mooch over and give the Lady a compliment for her wonderful outfit and ask her "where did you get it, Mrs Meland is over the Moon". Can then check her reaction to "Mrs Meland loves it" (as not all Ladies are Bi and get into a conversation. Mrs Meland drifts over and starts to develop the relationship between the ladies.
*****und Couple
14 Posts
Nice topic in here but it should also be considered as a sign of politeness and respect because many couples and singles that often goes to a particular club mostly know each other, what mostly happens is that they build a circle with those that they know and keeps talking and have fun at the bar and even though 1 or 2 couples have interest in others it blocks new comers or interested ones to approach, because they might be polite and respectful and often don't necessarily want to get embarrassed when the no comes from 1 couple or lady when others are watching. So maybe and just maybe those closed groups should give a body signal of interest so that the other party can feel a little bit secured in approaching or being approached. To be noted, all have the same or similar interest that is why we all visit clubs but we are all individually different. 🤔😏😘
That's why something like the old hanky code was so useful. Of course, if in an FFK environment, where do you stick it? *zwinker*
********rlin Woman
1,318 Posts
Meeting someone based on „let‘s met“ date, includes for me an active approach (mostly by me)!

If the chemistry is there, than I will approach friendly and directly the person.

If is mutual, we will get into a conversation.

If not, its time to depart after approach (not wihout sharing at least a drink).🍸

Are we not all aware that anything is better than to „play dead“?

My spare time is valuable and deserves appropriate behavior!
**C Man
12,667 Posts
….sometime it isn't obvious that one recognizes the others from the
pictures shown in the profile. It didn't happen only once that the lady
or the couple looked completely different in reality….
Quote from **C:
….sometime it isn't obvious that one recognizes the others from the
pictures shown in the profile. It didn't happen only once that the lady
or the couple looked completely different in reality….
your profile does not have face pics. If you change the length of your hair, you’d be difficult to pick out of a group of similar men.
**C Man
12,667 Posts
Quote from *******Lady:
your profile does not have face pics. If you change the length of your hair, you’d be difficult to pick out of a group of similar men.

…if I had a mail-exchange for meeting a lady or a couple somewhere, I would of course open my private album with my latest pictures, so no confusion would be possible…. 😉
Quote from *******Lady:
Quote from ****o55:
no offense but if you touch me and we have not had a conversation it is a turn off completely. I HATE when some random guy comes up and touches my arm especially if I am engaging in a sexual activity with someone else.

Same here, if anyone touches me without exchanging at least a word it is turn off.
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.